I was talking to someone the other day who told me that their 21 year old brother wouldn’t know how to make an omelette. I was shocked but it got me thinking that he’s probably not alone so while I was making myself a little snack today I thought I’d get it on here.
You can put whatever you want (within reason) into an omelette but my favourite is the humble cheese and onion.
- 2 eggs – beaten
- Oil / butter for frying
- Small onion – diced
- Some cheese – I went for about half a cup of grated parmesan
Method of Preparation:
- Put the grill on
- Heat your oil or butter in the pan and add your onions, frying them until just softened over a medium high heat
- Pour the beaten eggs in and tip the pan so they cover the base
- Fry for about 1 minute and then add the cheese to the pan and pop it under the grill
- When the cheese is cooked it’s ready to serve. I like a bit of cracked black pepper seasoning but that’s up to you
What you have there is a high protein snack that’s ready in about 15 minutes start to finish. Sometimes I’ll make one of these for two people by simply adding more of everything. Last week I did one with 4 eggs, a large onion and about a cup of grated mature cheddar, it just takes a bit longer to set in the pan before you transfer under the grill.
As I say, you can put whatever you like into this dish, why not let me know your favourite so I can give it a go?