This was all I wanted to cook, some koftas with a bit of Blue Dragon sweet chilli dipping sauce and maybe a bit of that coriander humous I did yesterday. As I mentioned on the humous recipe I came across a recipe for a full meal of lamb koftas, pitta bread, coriander humous and some chilli sauce. Just because it’s all there doesn’t mean you have to cook it all now does it so I took what I wanted and cracked on. You can find the full platter of recipes on the BBC Good Food website here.
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Place all of the kebab ingredients together in a bowl and mix together with your hands until the meat sticks together.
- With damp hands, take a handful of the kebab mixture and shape into a long sausage shape around a metal skewer. Repeat with the remaining kebab mixture, using a new skewer each time (or fit two kebabs onto each skewer, if space allows).
- Place the skewers under the grill for 10-12 minutes, turning them halfway, until the lamb is golden-brown and cooked through. Slide the kebabs off the skewers and set aside.
This is super easy to do, as soon as you figure out the best way for you to wrap them around the skewer you’ll be flying. I reckon I had the whole lot prepared and cooked in under half an hour and ended up serving it with not only the coriander humous but I also gave the chilli sauce a go too – I’m glad I did.