This was one of the accompaniments to Barney Desmazery’s Crisp Cider Braised Pork Belly that I cooked for Sunday lunch. It’s really tasty and a bit decadent so I hope you enjoy it, especially as it’s so easy to make.
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 large Bramley apple, cored, peeled and chopped
- 100ml double cream
- Knob of butter
Method of Preparation:
- Bring 2 large, peeled and chopped baking potatoes to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add 1 large peeled, cored and chopped Bramley apple and simmer for 5 mins.
- Drain and return to the pan through a potato ricer, or mash.
- Over a low heat, beat in 100ml double cream and a knob of butter.
- Season and serve.
There you go, tasty apple mash served up in about 25 minutes. I recently got a potato ricer (£8 from Asda) and it’s a dream. I’ve always struggled with the odd lump in my mash but these things but an end to that straight away. The result was a smooth mash with a hint of apple that was a great accompaniment to this dish and I imagine would be just as good with any pork recipe you want to try.