I scream, you scream, we all scream for frozen yoghurt…
Gotta love a bit of frozen yoghurt in your life. There’s been little stands popping up in high streets and shopping centres for a while now but it’s really easy to make it at home – and pretty cheap too.
- 500ml greek yoghurt
- 250ml milk
- 50ml caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Juice of half a lemon
Method of Preparation:
- Combine the yoghurt and milk together and stir well
- Combine the sugar and water together and stir well
- Combine both of these together with the lemon juice and stir well
- Pour your mixture into a freezer safe tub with a lid, pop the lid on and put it in the freezer
- What you need to do now is keep an eye on it. The mixture will start to freeze around the edges first and you need to reincorporate this back into the mixture with a good beating. So, after half an hour in the freezer, take a fork and scrape around the edges of the mixture and vigorously mix this back into the mixture. You’ll need to do this every half an hour for 3 to 4 hours (or until the mixture freezes)
This is lovely, really refreshing and great after a meal or just as a snack. With the lemon flavour I’d suggest some kind of berry sauce, this time (as you can see in the picture) I went for a salted caramel sauce from Inspired Taste and I’ve got to be honest – it was awesome!