I’m currently on an anti-inflammation diet to try and rid myself of various ailments and looking at what I had to do it seemed quite easy, then I tried it. I didn’t realise how much processed food and snacks I used to go through.
In order to find a snack that only used ingredients that are anti-inflammatory I headed off to the internet and saw a lot of people talking about roasted chickpeas with various flavourings so I thought I’d try my own out using flavours I enjoy.
- Tin / Pack of Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp hot chilli powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
Method of Preparation:
- Get the oven going to 200°C
- Release the chickpeas from their confinement, drain them and rinse them thoroughly. After that transfer to some kitchen paper to dry out.
- When they’re totally dry drop them into a bowl and add the olive oil then give them a good stir around so that they’re all a bit greasy
- Now add the paprika, chilli and salt & pepper and stir the whole mixture around to give everything a good coating
- Transfer to a foil lined baking tray and get them in the oven for 45 minutes, or until crispy – every 15 minutes give them a bit of a shake on the tray
That’s it, a healthy and anti-inflammatory snack. As I said earlier I’ve seen loads of variations including garlic, lemon, honey, and much more. You can add whatever you like so go on, enjoy!